Photos

Photos
Nokia 2720 unless otherwise noted.

Friday, January 8, 2010

Back on Track

Yeah, I felt quite good this morning, no doubt due to my success on a potential bad day yesterday. The boring oatmeal didn't seem quite as boring and I was loving every sip of my coffee. I really hate stretching but I have found that I can get myself through some basic stretches while I am having my breakfast. My body felt more neutral than yesterday. This was a success to me because I felt like I made it over the late week hump. I felt a bit renewed and this was Friday. I expected that I would be dragging by Friday.
Once again, I made it out five minutes earlier than the day before. I ran for forty minutes. This time I wasn't pushing it, relatively speaking, as no matter how long I ran, my heartrate seemed content to run at about 164 BPM. Now I know this is still dangerously high, at least it is stabilizing.

I saw a decent sized barred perch washed up on shore. The body looked fresh and unmarked. However it was decapitated. I was surprised that the seagulls were not pecking at it. I guessed that it must have been the work of a seal or sealion that then got distracted by another fish. I have seen them decapitate fish like that before. It was not gutted, just had its head bitten clean off.

There is now a lot of new activity in the area where I park. It must be lifeguard training or surfing classes. I was a bit distracted but as I approached my car, I felt the presence of that gazelle. Yep, once inside my car I saw her pass by. Her steps seem so effortless.



No comments:

Post a Comment