Photos

Photos
Nokia 2720 unless otherwise noted.

Saturday, January 9, 2010

New Approach

I thought about all of my past experiences with running. From my junior high school days on. I can distinctly remember that Friday would always be the end of the running routine and Monday it would start back up again. I always remember that Monday was relatively tougher than any other day. It was like I was off for two weeks. I thought it was good to have days of rest and recovery. But my actual experience seems to indicate otherwise. So, I decided that I was going to get out there and keep the string going.

Headed out to the park. This place is considerably less friendly than other places. I think I must look more like a bum than a person trying to get in shape. Many people will not acknowledge whatsoever. Of course those that do, must be friendly by nature because they greeted me with a smile and happy "good morning!". Others seem afraid. That makes me afraid. I'm afraid that they are afraid of me thinking I might be someone that wants to cause harm or something. That is an uneasy feeling. I would estimate that I was totally ignored by 60% of the people I directly passed (close enough to shake hands). Of course, that park trail does has some blind curves where you can not see who is approaching until they are real close to you. So, I decided not to take this personally.

I ran for 45 minutes. I thought about that gazelle.



No comments:

Post a Comment