Photos

Photos
Nokia 2720 unless otherwise noted.

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Before the Storm

My plan was to take the kayak out for a spin with the heart rate monitor strapped on to see how much cardio work I am really getting. The tide also looked good for a little bit of harbor fishing. However, toweling off my hair after my shower caused a muscle spasm in my shoulder/neck area. It just pulled and I could not stop it. It just felt like it was going to tighten up to the point of tearing. I immediately grabbed my massager that looks like a big gaff and applied pressure. This helped to relax the muscle but after a few minutes it would start to spasm again. This went on for three hours. I was not going to be able to load the kayak much less paddle it so that plan was off.

The muscle was threatening to keep me from doing anything at all today so I finally decided to show it who is boss. I got in the car and though I had trouble looking side to side for traffic, I eventually made my way out to Starbucks then the Wetlands.

I'm glad I did. I walked at as fast a pace as I could. I manually took my pulse a few times and it was in the 120-135 range depending on the particular stretch of terrain. I took the long route and completed the circuit in 65 minutes. That was pretty good considering I almost gave in to laying on the couch all day.

The rain is supposed to be on the way. It did drizzle while I was out but this did not seem to have an effect on all of the people that were out photographing the birds and walking around.








No comments:

Post a Comment