Photos

Photos
Nokia 2720 unless otherwise noted.

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Super Bowl 5K Run

Actually managed to find my way through all the obstacles that try to get in the way and actually made it to the event and completed the 5K. My car is making strange sounds but I drove it anyway. My bankcard was disabled due to a recent bank turnover and I never received a new card. Parking was tough to find and we started going round and round while the starting gun was counting down. Finally got a spot and had to run to the starting line and the mass of people surrounding it. They were counting down and then fired the gun while we were still half a block away. It turns out it did not matter as it took the large crowd so long to thin out that the back of the line still hadn't started to move.

Did much better than I thought I would and felt much better too. Ended up finishing in the 37-40 minute range. I anticipated finishing more like 45 minutes since there were hills in the course and I haven't yet run hills.

No comments:

Post a Comment