Photos

Photos
Nokia 2720 unless otherwise noted.

Friday, February 5, 2010

Forced Run

Yesterday built up in a bad way and carried over to today. I layed there dreading everything. Now as a result of yesterday, I felt rigor mortis setting in. I started feeling a sort of guilt as I knew I had that commitment to do that 5K run on Sunday. I felt everything at work was negative, I put in a lot of time and effort that still resulted in very negative. Based on experience, I decided not to think about anything and just forced myself to get up and go. I could not put myself through the stretch and got the running shoes on and headed out the door. This actually put me out there about fifteen minutes earlier than usual. Hey, at least I had one positive to build on. I stood there at the parking meter and inserted ten dimes and two nickels. I've been wanting a way to get rid of all those small coins. Now that's two positives under my belt.

Started my stiff dead body parts moving in a jerky fashion hoping things would warm up. This was not a good feeling but again decided to tune it out. Got down to the beach and it was too dark to get a decent photo. As I continued running, I did start to feel a little better. Now I started concentrating on how far I could go before the heart rate monitor said I had to slow down.  Before I knew it, I was already to the pier. Hey, how did that happen? This was my best time yet! Still very poor but for me this was a great stride. I was six minutes ahead. Thinking my clouded head might be mistaken, I logged the time and headed back. I picked on a few seagulls at the end of the pack and sprinted toward them. They were shocked to see this zombie sprinting toward them as they screeched and flew off in a hurry, the last one's feet and right wing tip clipping the top of a small wave. I was happy to see that the heart rate monitor did not go above 164 BPM.

When I got back to the point at which I usually head back to the car, I realized I did not get in my 30 minute minimum. So I doubled back for five minutes and then back again. I ended up with a nice 36 minute run. I felt like I made a comeback from the dead.


No comments:

Post a Comment